Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

March 30, 2012

Fix-it Friday

Have you participated in Fix-It Friday over at I Heart Faces?  If you haven't, I highly recommend it.  It allows everyone to work on editing the same photograph together.  It's a great opportunity to learn processing styles from others.  The photograph this week was provided by Jennifer Tonetti-Spellman over at JellyBean Pictures.  I read her tutorial on  *I Heart Faces yesterday.  It was a great post and after reading it, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this photograph! 

Since I couldn't choose between these two color edits, I posted them both.  I list the steps I took to fix-it.  All editing was done in PSE.

* The link for I Heart Faces may not be working.  I keep getting an error message.  I'm sure it will be fixed.


SOOC

EDIT 1
1)  Adjusted exposure to brighten a little.  I had to be careful not to blow out any of the lighter colors.
2)  Decreased some of the yellow hues.
3)  Decreased some of the red hues.
4)  Boosted the contrast to make her pop.
5)  Sharpened her face and entire body.
6)  Added a vignette.
7)  Resized for web.

 
EDIT 2
1)  Cropped.
2)  Adjusted exposure to brighten a little.
3)  Decreased some of the yellow hues (but I used an action from Paint the Moon this time).
4)  Desaturated some of the reds slightly.
5)  Boosted the contrast to make her pop.
6)  Sharpened her face.
7)  Added a vignette.
8)  Resized for web.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...