Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

June 22, 2011

New Pics (Week 2 cont.)

In addition to this being my post for New Pics (Week 2 cont.), I figured I'd include all my submissions for Wednesdays photo challenges as well.

So first things first.  Here are more NEW Pics for Week 2!  For the shots of Alivia, I had to up my ISO to 800 due to the time of day I took them and being that it was cloudy.  To remove some of the noise, I used an airbrush tool on parts of her face where it was more noticeable.  This seemed to get rid of the graininess.  Out of 200 pictures, clear ones were few and far between.  I had to keep my shutter speed low to let in the light I was lacking which I'm sure you know is quite a challenge with a moving baby.  In an effort to keep her still and looking up, I played with one of her noise making toys in the air at camera level.  I was surprised at how well it worked, although I had to keep changing the toy so she wouldn't get bored :o)  Ahhh kids, you gotta love 'em!


Because I love taking pictures of her teeny tiny clothes...

These next couple of pictures below are of artwork I purchased for Alivia's room at Rosenberry Rooms for $59 each.  A little steep I think, but well worth it.  They are my favorite pieces in her room!  When I saw them online, I immediately fell in love with them.  I have them sitting on a shelf in her room so they are the first thing you see when you walk in.  I had to place them on the window sill to take these.



The next shot is a random one of Alivia's books.  Yes, you guessed it, it is about COLORS.  I adjusted the exposure and colors slightly and then ran a color boost action to bring out the brightness of the colors.  Let's see how many more times I can say the word "colors" and all in one sentence!  I think it came out nicely.


Now onto the fun stuff!  PHOTO CHALLENGES!

My submission for the Edit Me photo challenge at My Reflection of Something is below.   The SOOC shot provided by Vic from For the love of Blogs.  I really had fun with this one!  In my edit I adjusted exposure, colors, vibrance, and then added a texture and frame in PSE.  Both texture and frame purchased from Paint the Moon.  I heart Paint the Moon!

You know what's really annoying?  When the image uploader in Blogger is not working!  I've had this email drafted since 10:00 this morning and it is now 11:46 am and still nothing!  Okay it's 12:30 pm now and still nothing!  Alivia will be waking from her nap soon and I will not have a chance to finish this post until later this afternoon, perhaps tonight.  I tried uploading my pictures to my Picasa album too, but nothing is working.  This is so frustrating.  Sorry for all the complaining but, really?  So here we are, it's what time?  Yep, 5:47 pm.  You heard me right.  I curse BLOGGER! 

My Reflection of Something

My submission for the theme Anything over at Little Somethings is:


 

I have a few black and white pics to share, but my submission for Black and White Wednesday at The Long Road to China is the first picture.



I used some free borders that I got online at Paxton Prints.  I used textures to make them look like old photos.  In the first one I removed the texture from her skin and body.  The second one, however, I kept it looking vintage throughout.  And, no, I didn't spill anything on these ;o)
The first picture in this next series is my submission for Wordless{ish} Wednesday at The Paper Mama, Wordless Wednesday but with words submission over at and then, she {snapped}, and Wordish Wednesday over at Supermom.

Everyone meet Lucy!  Yeah I named her Lucy.  She just looks like a Lucy to me.  I've never known anyone named Lucy but if I did I would imagine her to look something like this.  Not only is she cute, but she is useful too.  She is a piggy bank!  The money goes in her head and comes out her feet!  Cute right?  I actually got her at TJ Maxx 'n More.  I just love TJ's!  Not the safest thing in the world though as she is fairly large and quite heavy.  I used to keep her as door stopper in Alivia's room until she started to become mobile and could easily knock her over.  Lucy is so heavy that if she fell on Livvy, she'd probably knock her right out.  Now, and I'm sad to say, poor Lucy resides in the closet.  I only pull her out to make a deposit every now and then.  It's a good thing Livvy hasn't missed her yet!

Yes, she's actually very bright and colorful!  A little red headed girl with a clashing pink hair bow and polk-a-dot dress!

 and in COLOR...



and then, she {snapped}


Wordish Wednesday

5 comments :

  1. You are so lucky to have your daughter as a photo subject, Elena! Your pictures of her are wonderful. She's a natural born model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first photo of your cute little girl!!
    Really great edit!!! Great use of frame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I even start - there are so many incredibly gorgeous shots packed into this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! I absolutely love your style - the softness and tone of your post-processing. very lovely! Alivia is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much cuteness!! I think the second on e stuck out through them all as my fav. And your edit me entry is awesome! Love that you went colorful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...