Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

April 22, 2013

How to increase your blog traffic and make new friends!

Hope you don’t mind if I get right down to the nitty gritty!  Feel free to grab a cup of coffee (or tea) and make yourself comfortable.  I have some good tips for you today!

INCREASE YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC WITH THESE 11 TIPS

1. LINK UP TO BLOG HOPS but participate with CAUTION!  Before you move on, please read Blog Hops and Facebook (have you read Facebook’s terms)?  I can’t stress this one enough!  They are the best tool out there for bloggers to meet new people with similar interests.  Most blog hops require you to follow the hosts and co-hosts, then you’re on your own.  You are able to follow the sites you like and in return they’ll follow you back.  It’s that simple!  It’s a great way to drive traffic to your blog, increase your following and social media contacts.  Feel free to visit my Link Ups Page for a list of active Blog Hops!


Post 042313

2. CO-HOST A BLOG HOP!  Many blogs offer co-host spots for little to no money.  Trust me it’s worth the $5 – $10.  As a co-host, you are guaranteed to be one of the first few to link up.  Others that link up will be required to follow you.  So let’s think about this for a minute.  If 100 people link up, you’ve just gained 100 new followers, 100 likes on your Facebook fan page, 100 Twitter friends, 100 followers on Pinterest, etc.  I’m sure you get the point.  Not too shabby if you ask me.

An example of a Blog Hop from The Life of a Not so Ordinary Wife!

 

Blog Hop

3. NETWORK.  A lot.  It pays to put the time in and show a little interest in what others are doing.  Networking is also a great tool to use for inspiration.  I can’t tell you how many times I come across a website and am inspired by things like blog design, crafts, home decorating projects/makeovers, post content, photographs, recipes etc. 

4. LEAVE COMMENTS.  If you’ve been there, let them know.  Let’s be realistic, everyone loves comments!  It makes us feel good to know people are interested in what we are saying.  Let them know how relatable their content is, inspiring, educational, or even just a simple thank you for sharing is always nice!  If you are super impressed, pin their material (if they allow it) or share via a social network.  I’m sure they would appreciate it.  Some even return the favor!  BONUS!

5. JOIN A BLOG NETWORK OR TWO!  Something like Bloggy Moms, Better Blogger Network, or Blogher just to name a few. Make sure to participate in discussions or create your own.  Blogging networks are a great tool for finding blog hops to link up to, guest blogger and co-host requests, button swap opportunities, subjects to blog about, blogging challenges, etc.  The opportunities are endless!

6. DON’T PUBLISH A POST AND SHUT DOWN FOR THE NIGHT.  Share your post links on all your social networks.  Get the word out!  YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY AND IT’S WORTH READING!  And don’t be afraid to pin your own content!  That’s right, I said it!  I always pin my own stuff and not just to one board.  My posts usually contain photographs which I’ll pin to my photography board, freebies like storyboards, frames, printables, which I’ll pin to my Freebies board, product recommendations that I pin to my Consumer Info. board and so on.  It’s also a fantastic way to get repinned! 

Don’t belong to any social networks?  I highly recommend joining at least a couple.  Make sure you belong to the most current and popular ones like Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.  Check out Top 10 Review’s List of 2013 Best Social Networking Sites

Do you belong to too many social networks?  No worries.  There are tools out there to help you manage your social networks.  If you haven’t read my post about Managing your Social Networks, this is a must read!

Other social networks definitely worth considering:

Pinterest
Bloglovin'

7. REGISTER YOUR BLOG WITH SEARCH ENGINES like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.  This will make it easier for people to find you.

8. REGISTER YOUR BLOG WITH BLOG DIRECTORIES such as Technorati, Blogher, Picket Fence Blogs, Blog Catalog, etc.  You’d be surprised how many people refer to blog directories when they are looking for something.

9. BE MINDFUL OF YOUR POST TITLES.  Post titles should be concise. Use headings, alt tags for your images, and tags for your posts.  These things will help your page rank tremendously!

10. KEEP YOUR CONTENT FRESH AND UP TO DATE!  Make sure your website is user friendly, clutter free, and consistent throughout.  Check your website’s loading speed at Pingdom.  Your page should not take a long time to load or you may lose potential followers.  I know, I’ve done it myself.  It’s sad, but time is precious and you want to be respectful of people’s time.  If you have to make adjustments to decrease your site’s loading time, I would highly recommend it!  Not sure how to do this?  No problem, feel free to check out 10 Tips for Decreasing Web Page Load Times by Six Revisions.

11. READ. READ. READ.  Did I mention READ?  There’s so much to learn from others.  Don’t be afraid to reach out to other successful bloggers.  You’ll be surprised by how much people are willing to help!  For additional blogging tips, feel free to check out the following websites!

a. Blogger Sentral
b. Problogger
c. bloggingtips

I hope you find this post helpful.  I’d love your feedback.  Have any blogging tips, tutorials, tools, to share?  If so, feel free to leave a comment!

If you missed my previous post My Top 15 Men’s Gift Recommendations, come check it out! 

Also, if you like my blog and want to vote for me on Picket Fence Blogs, all you have to do is click the button below!  I appreciate each and every vote!



31 comments :

  1. What a great post. This is brilliant.

    Taima
    www.taimata.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the great advice Elena!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such great tips! I wish I would have had this information when I first started blogging!

    Thanks for stopping by Theresa's Mixed Nuts. Happy to be returning the follow in gfc and bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! Thank you I've learned a lot. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome advice! There's so much work that goes into blogging but the number one rule is to enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy reading your blog Elena as you always have great tips and advice plus you have free printables, Lol. And I love your style of photography, well, it probably helps that you have such a pretty little model there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great advice- especially pingdom. :) I like that it tests the site's load speed like grader.com does mainly social media. I use hootsuite to schedule social media posts everywhere at the same time as my posts- and twitter mentions and retweets are easier to keep track of. And of course hops and BBN are great- it's how I found your blog. :)
    xoxo Aimee
    bowsandbeau-ties.blogspot.com
    facebook.com/bowsandbeautiesblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the advice, I'm stashing this post in Pocket so I can come back and refresh my memory! So much to do when you're starting a new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post was definitely on point. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Liked you back and following! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Liked you back and following! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is awesome! Love that you have all these tips, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog page! Its so neat!! Your daughter is a beauty!!! Looking forward to your wonderful post :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey;
    Following you on Bloglovin. Thank you for sharing this.
    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, a lot of help all in one post!
    Pinned :)

    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the advice--always looking for ways to get out there!
    Cindy @crazyloucreations

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was so helpful! I didn't even know about the directories!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for stopping by and following. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the advice! I'd love to get more readers/commenters on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much great information here.
    Wish I wasn't so technically challenged! Still trying to figure out Twitter.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one of the best posts I've read on this subject. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! As a new-ish blogger, I found these tips really helpful. Thanks! :)

    Martha
    marthaslittle-bigworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by my blog (from Bloggy Moms)! I liked your Facebook page too, and followed you on Twitter. Found this post very useful, thanks for sharing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Elena! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments and following :) You're absolutely gorgeous and you have a blog that I could sit and lose track of time reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a great article and very helpful! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Elena. I'm currently doing some of these top tips but I've bookmarked this post so I can follow up from time to time! Great post and excellent job writing it! Thank you for the info.

    Have a Sweet Day!
    Heather
    www.My-Sweet-Mission.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wise allocation! Pretty nicely we have come to know how to increase traffic of a website and you expert explained up this allocation wisely. Thanks
    website design



    ReplyDelete
  28. Outstanding post. A blog service you should include in your list is http://www.blogionaire.com. It gives bloggers an opportunity to become famous instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG! This post was the bomb dot com. When i say i took notes and read very carefully i did. Thank you so much for the help. i really appreciate you sharing your wealth of knowledge and i will definitely take you up on asking questions. I just started this month and i have 3 kids, including a newborn, so i am engrossing myslef in this a much as i can, i am learning so much. from designing to posting rules. you are awesome

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...