I’m going to share a little secret with you, well for all the MacBook users out there! Apparently there is some type of glitch in the system that removes your desktop background every time you restart/shut down and log back onto your computer. I was a little disappointed to say the least especially seeing as I just bought the new MacBook Pro Retina and wanted to personalize my desktop with a picture of my baby girl! You figure you pay that much money for something that a simple thing like being able to customize your desktop background should work! After trying many different things to resolve the issue with Apple Support on the phone, something finally ended up working! So here’s the fix:
1. First, save the photo you’d like your desktop background to be to the folder in settings under Desktop & Screen Saver. Be sure the Change Picture box is not checked off.
2. Once you’ve set your desktop background make sure all other programs are closed out.
3. Find your toolbar at the top of your page (where the little apple image is) you will see Go.
4. Select Go and then hold down your option key. This will make your Library folder appear. Select your Library folder.
5. Go to Preferences.
6. Sort these files alphabetically by right clicking and choosing arrange by name.
7. Look for the file named com.apple.desktop.plist and delete it! That’s right move it right on over to the trash bin!
8. Make sure to empty your recycle bin.
9. Now shut down your computer and test it out!
I hope this works for you!
Okay, no more technical talk! Instead, I thought it might be fun to move on to something a bit more visual! Something like adorable pictures of my baby in her diva sunglasses! I keep hearing “I’m too sexy for my shades” in my head but I’m not sure why!
I think my baby was actually a little sick today. She was not acting like her usual fun and social self. She kept poking at her belly while requesting me to hold her. The look on her face told me she was uncomfortable. I can only assume my baby had her first tummy ache. Poor kid. I felt so bad and helpless. I tried to rub her tummy but she wasn’t having it so I held her tight and sang her nursery rhymes instead. Then as quickly as the tummy ache presented itself, it must have gone away and she was back to running, playing, and being her regular ol’ chatty self! Now that’s my girl!
I’m linking up the images below to the following photo challenges.