Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

May 30, 2012

Have you guys met Melanie?

Since I came across her blog a few months ago, I’ve been totally hooked!  I mean who doesn’t love to see pictures of an adorable little boy?  I’m always excited to see what Jax is up to.  What boggles the mind though, is that she is fairly new to photography and her pictures are fabulous!  She has a great eye, fresh perspective and her processing is so much fun!  This is one talented mama!  And if all of this wasn’t enough, she posts very relatable content which is always a pleasure to read.  Of course it’s hard to believe something when you haven’t seen it for yourself so I hope you’ll take a hop on over to Happy Jax.  Oh, and if you like photo challenges, don’t forget to link up to her weekly Finagle a Foto Challenge!

 

Happy Jax

    Hi all!
I am so happy & honored to be a guest on my girl Elena's blog! I just LOVE her to pieces. Honestly though... I was a little FREAKED THE HECK OUT on what to write about. With my little blog, Happy Jax, I mostly speak in pictures.... one because I am a photog NUT, two because I have (i think) the most darling/handsome/funny/crazy little munchkin/subject in all the land (That makes for some darn good pics, let me tell ya!), and Three... it's a good thing I don't just write because that wouldn't be good for ANYone!
 
Soooo...
what fun tidbits to share w/ Elena's lovely readers...
something I do know a little about...
 
**FREE Online Photography Resources**
(My FAVorite resources)
I love my Elements & Photoshop just as much as the next guy or gal... but honestly I'm still learning how to use those programs & really feel comfortable with them. PLUS they are flippin’ expensive! So here's a little list of my favorite online photo editing, tutorial, & "need a lil’ inspiration toady?!" sites!!
 
Hope you lovelies enjoy, & hope there's at least one of these links that might help you, or that you didn't know about.
*Free online Editing & Tools*
Picnik - 
(no longer, RIP big guy)
Great for: all around editing, take advantage why they are still new & their "paid tools" are still free. iPiccy - Great for: all around editing, I personally don't think it's as fast & easy as Pic Monkey, but you can make beautiful fun collages here! Photobucket - Great for: cool fast retro-ish actions, & for getting url codes for pics "Grab My Button Code Generator" -  THIS site has saved my bum! It's the easiest tool for helping you make a blog button of any sort. Simply get the photo url from photobucket, copy n' paste it here, along w/ your blog address... wah la... you have your button html code! It's a lifesaver. There are a lot more editing sites out there, but these are the ones I use and can personally promote.
 
*Favorite tutorial/photo inspiration sites*
Pinterest (duh!) i heart faces: fantastic fun photo challenges & tutorials galore! Let the Kids Dress Themselves: you need a little inspiration... look no further... this fun site features a slew of different photographers w/ immense talent. Photo Tuts +: great tips & tutorials.
 
I really could go on & on, but if you still like me (just a little), I  wouldn't want to ruin that! (LOL). It just wouldn't be me w/out having a few shots of my sweet little happy jax boy in this post somewhere.
 
These are a few of my favs lately, ALL edited w/ Pic Monkey & collage w/ iPiccy.
......................................................................
 
THANK you to my beautiful sweet friend Elena for letting me come visit! Have a fabulous hump day, AND I would LOVE for you to hop on over to Happy Jax & say hello!!

 

As a reminder, I recently added the Google Friend Connect gadget to my sidebar for those interested in joining the site. You just have to scroll down the page a little to see it. Additionally, I just published a Contact Me page to the tabs below my blog header where you can either email me or follow me on Facebook, PInterest, and/or Instagram! Happy Navigating!

12 comments :

  1. Awe, thanks for the info, Mel! I just love both of you girlies!!! :0) heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melanie! I learned something! I didn't know photobucket had an editor too! I'm gonna have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post from Melanie - and I DO know her (well sorta) - I follow her lovely blog too already - she has some amazing pictures of her son! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh. Thank you SO much sweet friend! That was just the nicest intro, & I am SUPER honored to be able to be here!! I also added a link on my post today) Hope you're having fun in the sun w/ your adorable fam, get a nice tan for this pale mama! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photographs! Thanks for sharing the great resources.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have met you too Mel! Great guest post, I'm off to go check out some of your resources and I'm loving your blog and photos of your sweet little guy :) xo Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great guest post Mel, a link or two in there that are new to me so will check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. look at you, you little blog hopper! Fame and fortune await you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Melanie! Love her! Great tips. I've never heard of the "grab my button generator!" I want to try that out! Let the Kids Dress Themselves is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos! I like the variety of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Melanie!! Love these shots and your tips! The black and white shot of Jax is my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing photos and such a wonderful blog!! so glad you shared this!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...