Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

March 5, 2013

It’s not your birthday!

I was doing the laundry the other day and Livi happened to spot a hat on the shelf above my washing machine and dryer.  It was a hat shaped like a birthday cake with one candle sticking out of the top and read “fun to be 1”.  Yeah, I had bought this for Livi’s first birthday.  Of course, then, it was a tad BIG for her little noggin so she wasn’t really able to wear it.  Now at the age of 2 1/2, it fits perfectly.  Not even tight either.  She absolutely loved it!  When I tell you I couldn’t get her to take that hat off, that would be putting it mildly.  She didn’t even want me to touch it.  It didn’t matter if she had it on backwards or not.  She walked around the house singing birthday songs, telling me it was her birthday, and that we were going to a party!  That hat entertained her for the entire day.  I’m lucky I got it off before I put her down for the night.

Of course, I had to take out the camera and snap a few pictures.  And bonus, Daddy was home too so I was able to catch some cute father and daughter shots!  I told the hubby to grab a hat for himself upstairs (you know, something like a baseball cap) but instead he came downstairs with this!  I was pleasantly surprised and thought it would work perfectly for this shoot!  I had completely forgotten that we had bought him it when we were in Sarasota, FL last year!

Before I share my images, for the interested parties, please feel free to check out my image editing video tutorial that I posted earlier HERE.  I will be posting another later in the week on how I edited the second to last image in this series.

4417 RS 850px B&W 
This next one is my favorite!
I’m linking it up to the following photo challenges!

4421 RS 850px B&W

Scattered Horizons

4423 RS 850px B&W warm 4426 RS 850px B&W 4390 RS 850px 4412 RS 850px 4415 RS 850px4415 RS 850px B&W

16 comments :

  1. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! She is too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG How adorable is she? I mean really!! I just LOVE the first picture where Daddy & Livi are looking forward- what a fabulous picture! Needs to be framed for sure. It's amazing! :) And I love how Livi thought it was her birthday- so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling! Dad is a good sport!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right the image with her tucked under daddys hat and looking out...be still my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right the image with her tucked under daddys hat and looking out...be still my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable hon...and I LOVED the tutorial!! YOU ROCK!!! Thank you so so so so so much for doing it!!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word!! So adorable!!! Love the daddy/daughter pictures most! You can certainly tell she's daddy's little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the third the most, because of the trust she has in her dad, and the way she has her hands folded:) Looks she's going on 12!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CUTE!! And such adorable daddy-daughter shots too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These shots are just adorable and what a treasure trove of daddy daughter portraits. Love these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wonderfully playful and loving... beautiful portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous portraits you have captured here.

    Our first linky party is on at:
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/03/ready-to-waltz-party-time.html

    We'd love for you to join if you can. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just discovered your site after clicking from Communal Global. Your photographs drew me right in; absolutely adorable and delightful. Your little girl is just so beautiful; great shots! Will surely be stopping by again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just discovered your blog. The photographs drew me in; really delightful, beautiful pictures. Your daughter is so photogenic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...