Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

July 8, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken

Oh boy, do I have a surprise for you.  Well not really a surprise since I made mention of the lovely Kyna over at Great Expectations in last Friday’s post.  The recipe, however, that Kyna is sharing today IS certainly a surprise.  That’s right, I can keep secrets! 

So have you guys met Kyna?  I just love her blog header.  Nothing better than chubby legs and with legwarmers no less!  Kyna is an aspiring photographer and blogs about everything from everyday happenings & personal experiences to yummy recipes (like the one below).  Did I mention that she usually throws in a couple adorable shots of Ellie (her daughter), or mouth watering foods like Crock Pot Chicken?  Try not to drool on your keyboard!  Okay, enough of my ravings.  I’ll let you see for yourself!
 
great expectations blog header
 
Hello all of you lovely Cropped Stories readers! My name is Kyna, and I blog over at great expectations.

Photobucket
 

My blog is a journal of my thoughts, my ponderings, and the daily memories I make with my family. I have been married to an incredible guy, Matt, for 9 years and together we have the most amazing 2.5 year old little girl, Ellie. My life is a never ending balance of work, fun, and being the absolute best wife and momma that I can be! I was so honored when Elena asked me to guest post on her blog because I really love reading her blog! She has such a great view on life and it's so refreshing to read!

Photobucket

Because my life is a constant balance of work and play, I always need help making things “quick and easy” around my house. Cooking falls into this category in my household! I am always looking for fast and healthy recipes that I can whip up at home. I think it is very, very important to eat well balanced and healthy meals. We try to avoid processed, pre-packaged food at all costs, but it can be very challenging to find the time to cook every single night. So, I thought it would be a perfect time to share one of my favorite quick, easy, and healthy recipes. This is a super tasty, but super easy recipe that I love!

This is where my crock pot
saves the day!
I used to think crock pots where only for making Sunday roasts, and mushy cooked carrots that I was such not a fan of when I was young (...sorry mom). I actually laughed when my mom suggested I buy one. Now, it's my "go to" tool that I rely on at least once a week if not more! It makes cooking a warm, healthy meal so easy. This recipe in particular is one of my favorites because it combines meat and veggies all in one. Plus, it's so tasty!
So, without further ado, let me present to you my amazing Crock Pot Chicken!
(hmmm, I guess technically not mine as I adapted it from The Domestic Wannabe)

What you'll need:
1 package of uncooked chicken breasts or thighs cut into small cubes/pieces
*tip - breasts are healthier but thighs stay juicier
1 bunch of green or white asparagus cut into pieces
8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
2 jars of marinated, quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1 can of diced tomatoes, drained
2 cans of low fat cream of mushroom soup
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
salt and pepper

What you'll do:
Add the chicken, asparagus, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, and tomatoes to the crock pot.
Top with the mushroom soup, garlic, and lemon juice. Add a dash of salt and pepper. Mix all of the ingredients a couple of times the best you can. Cook on low, 4-5 hours...
(Allow me to interrupt with a great crock pot tip! If you work all day, like I do, and you don't have a fancy, schmancy crock pot that has a digital timer, it can be almost impossible to be able to cook something for only 4-5 hours when you are away from your house for 8+ hours. Try using a digital lamp timer like this one. As long as it is not extremely hot in your house, the food can be prepped in the crock pot before you leave, and the lamp timer will automatically turn the crock pot on at the desired time. Then you won't come home to a mushy over cooked meal!)
We serve the chicken and vegetables over brown rice, or whole wheat pasta to add a some healthy grains to the meal. And of course, feel free to sprinkle a bit of parmesan or feta cheese on top. We've tried both, and either one is tasty!

Photobucket
ENJOY!
xoxo, Kyna

4 comments :

  1. Ahhh can't stand it, two of my favorite girls in one place! Love it. I was SO happy to see my sweet Kyna's name on your post title Elena... I kind of ADORE her! This looks A-mazing, & thanks to Kyna... I now own a crock pot. This will surely be on my meal plan list next. Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my that looks delicious, Kyna! As a mama of two, full time student and caregiver for my grandmother I am always searching for easy but healthy meals for our family an this is right up our alley. Thank you for sharing.

    xo,

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for having me on your blog today Elena! Hope you are enjoying your trip!! :-)
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good!! I'm always looking for new crock-pot recipes to try...can't wait to make this one! Going over to check out Kyna's blog now. Have a wonderful day! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...