Hey everyone! Hope your weekend was fantastic! I’ve got some wonderful Guest Bloggers lined up for you this week and:
So don’t forget to come back for your chance to win $100!
Julia is a busy mom of twins, a wife, and an accountant. In her "spare" time, she scrapbooks, makes cards, designs jewelry, and sneaks naps. She blogs about life, scrapbooking, card making, blogging, crafts, recipes, reviews, giveaways, social good, and anything else that makes her laugh. A Global Team of 200 moms and a Shot@LIfe Champion, she has written for US Aid, Feed the Future, Sverve, and other websites. You can join her on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or Pinterest.
Hello! Elena asked if I would like to share a recipe with her readers today so, here I am! I blog over at Mom on the Run x2, where I share recipes, family stories, scrapbooking layouts, card making tutorials, reviews, giveaways, and anything else that makes me laugh. I'd love for you to stop by and visit! As a twin mom, my recipes have to be quick and easy and kid-friendly. Normally, cooking dinner is a family affair with kids and dogs underfoot so, I tend to make things that can be easily whipped up and are very forgiving if left to cook too long while chasing kids. This is one of my family's newest favorites, and I hope you like it too!
CHEESY CHICKEN AND RICE RECIPE
- 1 box yellow rice mix (Zatarain's)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut-up into 1" chunks
- 1 package shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of crock pot.
- Top with onion and then spoon soup on top.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Toward end of cooking time, cook rice per package directions.
- Add rice, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, and corn. Stir to incorporate.
- Allow to heat through for about 10 minutes. Serve hot topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
This is one of those great recipes that you can adapt to suit your taste buds. Try adding bacon pieces, different cheeses, or throwing some cut up tomatoes into the crock pot prior to serving. It's your recipe now; make it yours! Enjoy!
If you missed my previous post, MIA? Maybe a little, feel free to catch up!
I also made a Blog Hop Announcement last week! Yep, there’s going to be a new Blog Hop in town (one with a HUGE incentive for participating)! In case you missed it, just click on the image below to get the details!
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow for your chance to win $100!