Yes, you guessed it, ME! I’m so excited an honored to have been nominated by the lovely Lanaya over Raising Reagan for this Blogger Award! Apparently, there are a couple of rules once you’ve been awarded including: you must display the award button on your website, state 7 things about yourself, and nominate 15 bloggers and include links back to them! Easy enough right? I thought so until it was time for me to nominate people. I wish I could have nominated just about everyone. There are too many great bloggers out there that deserve this award!
7 THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I’m a bit of a smart ass. I love to joke around. I think laughter really IS the best medicine (with the exclusion of looking at my 3 year olds face which always makes me feel better) and I find a man with a healthy sense of humor sexy as hell (which it just so happens my hubby is). Go me!
2. I had a seizure disorder when I was younger. I had my first one at 13 years old and it scared the living sh#@ out of me. I was told by my neurologist that it was common with the onset of puberty and that growing out of it was quite possible. I struggled with it for 8 years and had my last one when I was 21 years old. Even still, at almost 37, it petrifies me and will continue to haunt me for life. There is always that question in the back of my head “will I have another seizure some day”? Will it be in the car while I’m driving with Alivia? Will it be when I’m holding her? Even more horrific, will Alivia have a seizure disorder? I pray to God every night she doesn’t.
3. I have two annoying habits. One is I love to twirl my hair. Yes, I realize that it may come across ditzy, but that never worried me. The people that really know me know I am anything but. I also peel my lips often. They are constantly chapped and I can’t deal with the feeling of dry skin. Instead I’ll repeatedly pick at them until I bleed. Yes, very attractive!
4. I have a couple pet peeves that drive me absolutely insane. One is when I’m speaking to someone and they’re looking everywhere but at me. Don’t they realize that it’s insulting? Are you interested in what I’m saying or not? Am I that boring? Jeesh! And two is when I’m singing a song and someone changes the station. Now I know my voice isn’t all that bad so I can only assume it’s just them being completely oblivious to what’s going on around them. If you paid a little attention, you would have noticed I was enjoying the song punk!
5. I only had 1 dog growing up and I came home from school on day to find my dad had given him away. It was a day I’ll never forget. It was a bittersweet moment. Bitter because I had grown to love him but sweet because even then, at such a young age, I was able to put my own selfish feelings aside and understand he would have been better off somewhere else. Without getting into too much detail, let’s just say my dad wasn’t exactly nice to him. Trust me, it’s better to leave it up to you to interpret what “not exactly nice” may mean. Yeah, my dad’s a piece of work.
Speaking of dogs, these two are my cousin’s dogs. Meet Maggie and Morgan! I can’t take credit for the photographs, my sister took them with my camera. Yep, even that frog I randomly placed in the middle of the collage. How beautiful are they?
And back to the remaining two things about myself.
6. I don’t cook much (with the exclusion of for Alivia). Not because I don’t want to, but because I don’t have much confidence in myself when it comes to the kitchen. Besides, one of my favorite things to do is eat out! With that said, I think it’s safe to say I’m in no real hurry to teach myself to cook.
7. Not many things gross me out, but as I was emptying the poop from Alivia’s diaper into the toilet a piece must have fallen out and into my slipper. A fabulous surprise for me when I went to put them on. What’s that smell that seems to be following me around? Oh yeah, it’s me! You are probably asking yourself what my slippers were doing at the foot of the toilet. It’s not a question I can answer though, you may want to ask Alivia! Ahhhhh, motherhood!
For the nominees, I choose the following 15 bloggers:
A big CONGRATS to all of you ladies!!!
Janine over at Janine’s Confessions of a Mommyaholic
Nancy over at My Eclectic Loft
Pia J over at PJM’s Closet
Karen over at Karen’s Soiree
Anne over at The Pink Momma
Skye over at First Time Mama First Time Blogger
Petro over at The Seaman Mom
Rachel over at Can’t Google Everything
Ellie over at Creative Geekery
Mrs. AOK over at Mrs. AOK a work in progress
Meg over at Happy Kids, Inc.
Barbara over at Summer Sensations
Paula over at Sincerely, Paula
LeiShell over at A Correll Collage
Heidi and Nicci over at Powerful Mothering
If you’ve been nominated, don’t feel the least bit uncomfortable about not passing it on. I understand and respect your decision to choose what’s best for you and your blog! I’m very realistic to the fact that not everyone chooses to participate in these types of chain posts and I support your decision either way! So no worries, just know I think you are all wonderful bloggers!
If you missed my previous post, The Pinterest Incentive Program: A HUGE opportunity for bloggers, you should definitely check it out! There is still time to sign up, but I’d hurry because spots are filling quickly!
Also would you like the chance to win some amazing things? Yes? Then, there are 2 giveaways you need to know about for tomorrow! One, the Dog Days of Summer Giveaway, you will have access to over here, Janine's Confessions of a Mommyaholic, and at J9 Designs! The other will be over at A Cat-Like Curiosity where you’ll have the chance to win a medium size ad spot on my blog! Don’t forget to enter and good luck!
My featured Sponsors: