Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

June 14, 2013

My Summer Bucket List & 10 Outdoor Activities for Kids

The weather this week hasn’t been that great.  It’s been a little disappointing especially for my little one.  Since we’ve been spoiling her with daily outings since our vacation in Florida (3 weeks ago) she has now come to expect it (you know, going out I mean).    When we don’t, she walks around the house moping, whining, and asking repeatedly to be held.  She’s been extra needy and even a little cranky.  Lucky me!  I’ve been going a little crazy over here!  Don’t get me wrong, I feel for her and completely understand but, Mama just needs a break already!  Is it Friday yet?  Oh wait, it is!  Thank heavens!

At least something good has come out of it.  Spending all this time indoors that is.  I’ve been able to think about all the things I’d like to do this Summer when the weather finally gets warm enough and the sun feels like making an appearance.  I put together my first ever SUMMER BUCKET LIST and I am taking it quite seriously.  I’m hoping to do everything on the list but who knows how realistic that is. I don’t know.  What do you think?  Do you think I can do it?

MY SUMMER BUCKET LIST


SUMMER BUCKET LIST BUTTON

Summer Bucket List

Apparently I should have added CLIMB A TREE to My Bucket List (or at least the hubby thinks so)!

man in tree in florida

And with all this thinking about beautiful weather and sunny skies, I started compiling a list of:

OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS

OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FOR KIDS BUTTON

  1. My favorite is blowing bubbles!  Who doesn’t love bubbles?  More importantly, who doesn’t love popping them?  Even though I’m  thirty six older, I still can’t get enough of them especially BUBBLE GUNS!
  2. Are the kids all wound up?  Do they need to burn off some energy?  It’s time to pull out the SIDEWALK CHALK and play some hopscotch!  It’s an oldie but a goodie!
  3. When it’s not sweltering outside, BADMINTON is an all time favorite of mine!  Have an entire crew at the house?  Try volleyball. 
  4. Too hot outside for running and jumping?  No problem.  Kiddie pools to the rescue!  They are so much fun for kids of all ages (even big kids like myself)!  We have a hose that attaches to our kitchen sink so I can fill up our pool with tepid water!  I’m not a big fan of sitting in ice cold water (either is my little one).  We recently bought this SWIM CENTER on Amazon for only $19.99.  What a deal!
  5. An alternative to a kiddie pool is a sprinkler like this cute SUNNY PATCH BLOSSOM SPRINKLER BY MELISSA & DOUG.  It’s the perfect way to stay cool in the hot Summer months!
  6. Feeling hungry? Picnic out!  You don’t even have to leave your house if you don’t want to.  Set it up in the backyard!  Grab a PICNIC BLANKET & BASKET, some cut up fruit, fresh vegetables (like carrots and celery), cold cuts or peanut butter and jelly, plenty of water, and you’re good to go!  The great thing about picnicking in the backyard is no fancy insulated picnic basket or cooler needed.  You can just run into the house if you need to.  
  7. What about a RING TOSS?  I always used to love this game when I was a kid and I’m not bragging or anything but I used to be pretty darn good at it.  I’m just sayin’!
  8. If the kids are a fan of the ring toss, I’m pretty confident they’ll like the BEAN BAG TOSS too! 
  9. How about a game of FRISBEE?  Even better are these SUPERDISCS!  You can let the older kids compete against each other to see who can throw theirs the furthest.
  10. Lastly, PAPER AIRPLANES!  Do they really need explaining?  C’mon they’re paper airplanes people!  Not sure how to make one?  No worries.  There are plenty of kits out there that show you how!  If you don’t need the entire kit, they have PAPER AIRPLANE BOOKS as well.

Remember, before you take the kids outside, the most important essential: SUNBLOCK.  Oh, and don’t forget these additional items for sun protection:

  • sunglasses
  • sun hats
  • cover-ups

We have to keep our kids safe!  Okay, that’s all I have for you today. 

If you missed my previous post, The Candid Photograph, I hope you’ll check it out (especially if you want to see some adorable pictures of a cutie pie)! 

If you haven’t seen my poll at the top of my page in my sidebar to the right, I sure hope you’ll take a view seconds to vote.  It would really help me out!  If you do, thanks in advance.

Okay, HAPPY FRIDAY and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!

20 comments :

  1. Oh the weather here also has been less then desirable with heavy rain about three out of 5 days now. So tired of it and would love to be able to be outdoors more and try some on your bucket-list. Thanks for sharing. Loved your banner on this and the picture of your husband was priceless!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your summer bucket list. It looks like you are going to have a fantastic summer! Have a great time marking things off your list!

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas, pinned this to my kid stuff board on pinterest already! I love how your bucket list is so pretty too! You should print that out and frame it...and then add your beautiful photography every time you do something on the list. Ok you inspired me to make my own summer bucket list!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!!! I've been working on one for my family as well. Hope you and your family have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bucket list!!! Thank you for spreading JOY and sharing at the Oh What a HAPPY Day party.

    Holly at Not Done Growing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your bucket lists :) Our weather has been crazy the last couple of weeks so I haven't been able to do as many things as I have wanted for summer yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great bucket list. Although I personally wouldn't sleep in a tent. I'll be forever thinking of all the creep crawlies that would crawl in. I plan on doing a few of those with my own kiddos especially Madison who's scared of bubbles, trying to get her to see what fun it really is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been so long to take a swing. Good luck in your summer plans. Hahah you should have written it, it's always fun to get triumph over a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bucket list. Love the idea of lying in a hammock reading a book. Perfect summer day.

    Please stop by Walli's facebook page and vote for me.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas!

    I would like to thank you for joining the Pin It Monday Hop Pinterest Party. The party has just started, please come by sometime, if your time permits, to see more what other bloggers are sharing. See you 

    Judy
    Pursuit Of Functional Home

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome bucket list for the summer! We've had some crazy weather out here in TX too. I also made a little bucket list of my own since having to burn off vacation time at work. So far, I think I am on task! I think you can do it!! Good luck and thanks for linking up with My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

    Jessica
    The Wondering Brain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! Thank you for linking up at Family Fun Friday at Happy and Blessed Home! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Elena,

    Great list. I plan on doing some of those with my Honey Bunny this summer. Now if only the weather would cooperate.

    www.mylittleshopoftreasures.blogspot.ca
    www.darlenebnemeth.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! So much fun to do with a kid. I just posted the other day pictures of running in the sprinkler and then our picnic but need to add 'fly a kite' to my list!

    The June giveaway for a pair of PowerSox begins in 2 days! Our Journey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great ideas! I love this.
    Thank you so much for Linking Up at Brag About It @VMG206 this week. We are so happy to have you join us!
    ~ Megin of VMG206
    Please Link Up at my NEW party!! Open NOW (Sat thru Fri) @ DIY Showcase Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yup the weather has been up and down here as well.
    I love your bucket list, I am pretty sure I want to do all of those as well.
    Here is hoping the weather gets better and better.

    Pia
    pjmscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great summer list! Look forward to seeing how many you get to. Nice to meet you and thanks for sharing on our BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop.
    All the best ~ Sharon and Denise
    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a super great tree!!!! I would want to climb it, too!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...