Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

July 16, 2012

Getting to know me…

I thought it might be fun to share a few things about myself.  Well, 10 things to be exact.  It also allows all of you to find out if we have similar interests or things in common which is always nice!  I don’t know about you but when I find I have something in common with someone, I instantly feel closer to that person.  It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  Anyhow, here it goes:

Nationality?

50% Greek / 25% Italian / 25% Armenian

10 things you are loving right now:

1. The Little Einsteins.  It keeps Alivia busy when I really need to get something done.
2. Ricotta Pie.  ‘Nough said!
3. Kettle flavored Popcorners.  I could eat an entire bag in one sitting!
4. Organizational lists.  Like for packing, food, to-do, birthdays, etc. 
5. Pinterest!  I admit it, I am a repin-a-holic!  I always find amazing things on this site!
6. Etsy. Etsy. Etsy.  I am an Etsy stalker!  They have such unique products and gift ideas!
7. Shutter priority on my camera.  I have a toddler so my shutter speed is the first setting that I adjust.  I do shoot manual too, but I’ve been loving shutter priority!
8. The necklace I purchased in Sarasota, FL.  It’s a sailboat charm made of sterling silver, mother of pearl, and abalone.  It’s just so summery!
9. Vacations.
10. My Droid.  It keeps me structured! 

Biggest Fear?

For the longest time, the thing that scared me the most is that I would start to have seizures again.  When I was 13, I was diagnosed with having a seizure disorder.  At the time, my neurologist thought I would grow out of them when I turned 21 (or around that age, after I'd passed the adolescent years).  Sure enough, and I knock on wood as I say this being superstitious and all, my last seizure happened when I was 21.  Now however, the scariest thing to me is if something were wrong with Livvy.  I pray every night for many things, just one of them being her health.

Bad habits?

I bite my lips a lot when I’m not wearing any lipstick/lip gloss.  When they are chapped, I pick at them sometimes so much that they bleed (yes, I know it’s very ATTRACTIVE).  I am also a HUGE hair twirler which makes me look nice and ditsy!  I try not to do it when I’m talking but I don’t always succeed.  I do it most when I am bored, tired, or concentrating.

Pet peeves?

This is my number one pet peeve.  You’re a passenger in a car and are singing along to the radio and the driver changes the station.  I think that is so rude.  Take notice I’m enjoying the song you punk!  C’mon now, my voice can’t be that bad.

You get three wishes, what are they?

To be financially stable for life, have a healthy family, and to bring back the ones I’ve loved and lost (lost meaning deceased).

Any regrets?

Not taking better care of my physical self when I was younger.  I used to stay out late, miss meals, and refuse to take my prescribed medications.

Dream job?

Something artistic.  Photography, Graphic Design, Advertising, Interior Decorating, or something in Fashion.

One thing people don’t know about you:

I’m going to share two things.  1.  I pray every night when my head hits that pillow and if I miss a night I feel terrible and 2.  I have social anxieties, but only sometimes.  Sometimes I feel unable to socialize (not knowing what to say or how to respond) and other times I am absolutely fine.  I don’t know.  It’s strange really.

God is granting you a super power, what would it be?

This is a tough question, one that I entertain quite frequently.  Maybe I shouldn’t have shared that.  I often wonder what would be better: reading people’s minds or the ability to be invisible.  Not sure.  I’m torn between the two.  I’ll take two super powers please!

So, do we have anything in common?  If so, I’d love to hear what!


I’m also linking up the photo below to the following photo challenges.  I absolutely love this shot!  And I’m sort of jealous that I’m not the one pinching that cheek of hers! 

085 RSWM

Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley Scattered Horizons
 
Can you believe these photos are actually from July 4th?  I wasn’t able to post them last week since I had guest bloggers all week.  Anyhow, here are some more…

I can’t believe how long her hair is getting and it’s lightened up so much this Summer!
003 RSWM
 
009 RSWM
 
018 RSWM
 
060 RSWM
 
064 RSWM

12 comments :

  1. We actually have a lot of opposites, but I think that is interesting too! We do, however, love photography as an expression and our babies of course. I think it is interesting you would have social anxiety because you seem so outgoing here! I am VERY outgoing. All those years in customer service! LOL...but when I was younger I was very shy. I love Alivia's hair, so jealous. I have very straight hair! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kind of posts are nice to hear more about people. I bite my lips too- yuck! And we have a similar dream job and three wishes! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your shutter priority set at? I'm still messing around with stuff on my camera (I mostly shoot stuff that doesn't move) and I can't afford to join a photography forum so trying to shoot my seven year old is hard for me xD What works for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo is just GORGEOUS!!! Loved reading about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of Alivia, as usual. It was nice getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I so miss these days!! My daughter will be starting college this fall...oh where did those precious years go. Wonderful shots. I am so thankful that I have too many scrapbooks to count full of pictures like these...they are a treasure. Thank you for stopping by and saying hello.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post, Elena, and as always such beautiful photographs of that sweet little one!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to get to know you better. It's actually a perfect post for me as a new follower.

    So glad you stopped by today and left such lovely comments. For two reasons, one for the comments and two so I could find your awesome blog. Your photography is enviable. I am just really dipping my toe into it, but your photos are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this post--our dream jobs sound similar--i'd go for any of those you listed. i really should try shutter priority sometime. i'm sure it would be easier to get my runaway son. love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is adorable! Also I love her name.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am a new followe
    Kerry www.oh-so-amelia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would love to pinch her cute little cheeks too...love her!!
    I also today posted along the same lines of a Q & A forum. I only have
    five questions...you have inspired me...to share more the next time:)
    Laurie @ Pride in Photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE getting to know you better. Especially love your pet peeves! I mean, what are they trying to say changing the station on you? how rude!
    Love your photos, esepcially the B&Ws. =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...