Home Icon LS Blogging Tips Icon LS Family Icon LS Photography Icon LS Social Media Icon LS Consumer Info. Icon LS Strabismus Icon LS Freebies Icon LS Link Ups Icon LS Advertise Icon LS

May 14, 2012

New Pics… Mother’s Day

So, how was everyone’s Mother’s Day?  I got some beautiful flowers from Alivia and the hubby!  They must love me bunches!  Thought you’d like to see just how beautiful the bouquet was.  Gorgeous colors right?  And who doesn’t love roses?  Especially white ones!

Mothers Day Collage 51312

The next is a shot of me and Alivia.  Yes, I’m in a picture!  Don’t fall of your seat, it’s really me!  My hubby took this shot.  I also wanted to link it up to Finagle a Foto over at Happy Jax and Quotography over at {My} Perspective.  The theme is A Mother’s Love!  No better way to show this than with a kiss!

Quotography at {My}Perspective

Happy Jax

And a picture of me and my pretty momma. 

043 RSWM 51312

I had intentions of writing an entirely different post, but I just had to share some of the disturbing nightmares I’ve been having.

Soon after Alivia was born, I started having these reoccurring nightmares that she didn’t exist or I couldn’t find her.  In my dream, I’d always be searching for her and trying to convince people she was real.  While looking for her, I would hear her voice in the distance.  Sometimes I’d hear baby cooing or crying while other times I would hear full words but ones that I could not really understand.  It was weird, but I always knew it was her and that she was crying out for her mama.

The most recent nightmare, which I just had last night, was about my hubby and I buying a house and starting a new life together.  While in the process of moving, I was looking for Alivia again but couldn’t find her.  This time instead of having to convince my husband she was real he already seemed to know it.  I remember balling my eyes out while saying to him that I just wanted to find her and have this be over.  Almost like I knew I was having a dream.  He looked at me and said “maybe you are not finished here” and “or maybe you have something that needs to be done here before you go back.”  It was like he knew I was dreaming also.  In my dream I had understood the word back to mean waking up and being able to come back to my real life.  I really thought about what he said and continued to search.  Sometimes I would see her and then as quickly as she had appeared she would disappear.  These nightmares always seemed to drag on and on so by the time I would wake up I’d feel like I had been away from Alivia for days.

So, do you want to hear my interpretation?  I think that my nightmares of me trying to convince people she is real is all about my fear of losing the wonderful life I have.  Sometimes I feel like I am way too happy and wonder if this life that I am living is real.  My nightmares are a way of telling me that this life is way too good to be true.  My happiness, being Alivia, is not real at all.  It is a figment of my imagination.  I’ve made her up in my mind to make myself happy all of the while driving myself completely insane. 

For the nightmares in which I’m searching for her, I believe, is a reflection of my fear of losing her completely.  Losing her to a sickness, a kidnapping, a divorce, etc.  These used to be very real worries in the fore front of my mind. Although I’ve learned to control them they have not disappeared.  I’ve just filed them away in my mind’s archives where they have become subconscious thoughts.  I’m wondering if it also may be a little separation anxiety on my part.  Sleeping is my only REAL time away from her.  It’s almost difficult knowing that we are in the same house but we can not be with each other.  Does that sound weird?  Don’t get me wrong.  I always look forward to my nights.  It is my “Me” time and I rely heavily on it to keep me sane.  It’s funny, though, that no matter how bad my day may have been and no matter how much I was looking forward to that minute I would lay Alivia down in her crib so that I could start my “Me” time, I still miss her terribly and it’s usually within the first 10 minutes we are apart.  It’s a little crazy, I know. 

Anyhow, thanks for hearing me out.  Have you had any weird dreams lately?  What is the weirdest dream you’ve had?  Do you have reoccurring ones? 

On a closing note, I’ll leave you with some pictures.  I have more to process that I hope to post tomorrow.

008 RSWM 51312

009 RSWM 51312

I’m linking up the picture below to the Show off your Shot Photo Challenge over at And then she {Snapped}.

011 RSWM 51312

and<br /> then, she {snapped}

022 RSWM 51312

032 RSWM 51312

027 in PSE

028 RSWM 51312

As a reminder, I recently added the Google Friend Connect gadget to my sidebar.  You just have to scroll down the page a little to see it.  If you like what you’ve read, please feel free to join the site!

18 comments :

  1. Wonderful post full of important things and memories :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful serie! i love the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this post BEAUTIFUL Elena! Good Gosh woman... you are freakn GORGEOUS. If I looked like you... I'd be in every pic) I totally get the wild dream thing. My strange dreams are WAY to much to leave i your comment box, but I'll share more later. LOVE the shot of you & your girl, AND your mom!

    What a sweet hubz w/ the lovely flowers! Glad you had such a lovely day. Oh. AND I can SO relate on the missing your babe like crazy, but needing the "me" time at the same time thing)

    XOXO.

    Gorgeous pis all around. Thanks a bunch for linking up w/ Finalge, means a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, amazing series you have featured in your post.. Such wonderful photography.. LOVE the shot of you and your mom.. What an amazing post.. Great captures all around :)) Thanks SO much for sharing.. Wishing you a wonderful week.. xo ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and Happy Mother's Day! (pretend this is yesterday).

    I hate nightmares like that. Sometimes they seem so real, and leave you with a weird feeling when you wake up. When I was little, I thought that the house I grew up in was haunted. I hated being there alone. I used to have a recurring nightmare that the house was always trying to get me. I would try and run out, but some invisible force would try to drag me back. I would always make it out, but just barely. We moved when I was in high school, but I still had the nightmares for a few years after. It wasn't until several years after we moved that I found out my mother felt the same way about the house, and had similar nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have that fear all the time - and like you said, I really do feel like b/c my life is good, something bad has to happen - I hate feeling that way, but at least I know I'm not alone. Those are scary thoughts or dreams! Nightmares like that where they feel so real are terrible. I can totally relate to what your saying b/c I used to have nightmares about my husband being gone - and I would wake up hysterical and with my heart aching. They stopped a few years ago thank goodness. It did seem so real though - I know what you mean! On a happy note- happy mothers day - and it looks like ou had a nice day by your pictures. I love the mama goose with her babies. So sweet. Very apropos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos -- love the ones of you and your little girl and of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photos- so sorry to hear about the dreams. That is certainly something you want to go away. Hope it improves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo of you and your little girl! Hoping the nightmares stop - soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos.

    Sometimes, I have weird dreams too, although they don't tend to come back often. I have dreamed of my dad dying and recently, I had a dream of my own death. But I don't focus on it once I had woken up. I just let those dreams pass without thinking too much about them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo of you and your daughter and you and your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful post! Your photos are amazing! I especially love the one of you with your mom and the one with you and your precious little girl. Hope you have a wonderful night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos! And it's so nice to see you in some pics ;)

    Those dreams sound very intense. I think those fears are natural and are stronger with your first child. At least they were for me. I've mellowed with age and 4 kids...something has to give ;) Hang in there. Stay positive and keep doing things you love for yourself to maintain your own identity. You are a wonderful mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what beautiful photos of you and your girl and you and your mother, and the water shots are just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh. Nightmares. I used to have them so often, and they are always SO real. Hoping they go away soon.

    And love the photos, including the one you're in yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the rose shots from your special day. I completely understand your fears as a mom. We all have them, especially with our first child. Alivia is so adorable. Enjoy your beautiful life...guilt free!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...